At the Sunbird Golf Club we adhere to a list of rules and regulations for your safety and the safety of other players. These Policies are in place in order to provide each of our players with a relaxed and enjoyable environment. U.S.G.A. rules govern all play except as modified. In addition players must abide by the following local rules.
- All players must register and pay at the Pro-Shop.
- Each player must have an individual set of clubs & bag, & only 2 players per cart.
- Please let faster players play through; singles and twosomes do not have priority. Groups should be able to play a round in 3.5 hours.
- Please fill divots with sand, repair ball marks and rake sand traps.
- Carts are not allowed in desert areas.
- No pets are allowed on the Golf Course.
- Golfers are responsible for any damage to the course, practice area or surrounding Golf Course property.
- Sunbird Golf Club, Inc. is not responsible for injuries sustained on golf course property.
- Non Golfers are not allowed on the Golf Course, unless they have permission from Management.
Golf Cart Rules
- You must be at least 16 years of age and possess a drivers license , to rent & operate a cart.
- Please keep golf carts on paths around tees & greens, at least 30 yds from the green.
- Golf Carts may not be taken off the Golf Course Property at any time.
- Obey all signs, markers and roped off areas on the Course.
- Golfers are to sign in for the rental cart and are responsible for any damage to the cart.
Practice Facility Rules
- Please hit balls onto the range only from designated practice range teeing areas.
- Golf Carts should be kept on paths
- Range ball baskets are not to be removed from the practice area for any reason.
Dress Code ( in effect from october 1st to may 31st)
- LADIES: Slacks or golf shorts or skirts no shorter than mid-thigh, blouses or sweaters. No tank tops, athletic shorts, swimwear or tennis wear permitted. Denim shorts or pants in good repair are permitted.
- MEN: Slacks or golf shorts no shorter than mid-thigh, golf shirt and sleeves. No tee shirts, no tank tops, athletic shorts, swimwear, or tennis wear permitted. Denim shorts or pants in good repair are permitted.
- GOLF SHOES: Shoes or Sandals are required. Soft Spikes on Golf Shoes only.
- Dress Code suspended from June 1st to September 31st.
- Relief from staked or marked trees - nearest point of relief, one club length no closer to the hole.
- Relief from areas on the course marked Garden Club projects - nearest point of relief, one club length, no closer to the hole. You MUST take relief, no penalty.
- No relief from the Carvings - play ball as it lies.
- Washouts in gravel area are considered ground under repair - nearest point of relief, one club length, no closer to the hole.
- If your ball crosses the street and comes to rest on the street or another part of the course, the ball is out of bounds.
- All desert areas including holes 2, 3, 13, & 14 are in play.
- A player may take relief from the drainage rocks, nearest point of relief, one club length, no closer to the hole.
- No relief from decorative, embedded boulders.
- No relief from boundary fences.